July 23, 2017
* Hungary : PM Viktor Orban slams the EU “Inquisition” of Poland and the Nation State.
– Orban thundered, “The inquisition offensive against Poland can never succeed because Hungary will use all legal options in the European Union to show solidarity with the Poles.”
– Calling for “patriotic governance” against the EU, Orban said Poland was a victim of “harassment” from Brussels, in the same way he said Hungary had been in its sights since he took power. “When a political elite turns against its people it always needs an inquisitor, who steps up against those who speak up,” Orban said, branding EU clerk Frans Timmermans as the inquisitor.
– Whether in sport, business or world affairs, there are certain leaders who excel because they can see beyond the current situation to focus on the bigger picture. Viktor Orban has this “instinct”. We saw it in the fall of 2015 when he courageously stood up to challenge Angela Merkel on migration. While others babbled on about a false EU solidarity, Orban foresaw the dangerous consequences of mass Muslim migration and open borders. Today, many of those same leaders who denounced him now quietly admit he was correct.
– The Czech Republic, Slovakia and the other CEE nation states must support Poland and not succumb to the “Group Think” of the elites in Brussels. Like Hungary and Poland, they need to realize what is at stake. The independent nation states must not allow the EU to take the next step of expansion by meddling in the internal affairs of sovereign nations – whether it regards migration, the judiciary, or the right to bear arms. This is indeed a “slippery slope”. Today, both Poland and Hungary are the targets; tomorrow Brussels will try to “break” another nation state for another reason. Where will it end? Who will be next?
Step-by-step, the EU is aggressively trying to expand their power and scope over the European nation states. Brussels is seeking to create little obedient “member nations” that offer little resistance or independent thought. It’s up to the nation states to resist this totalitarianism.
The EU is not Europe, nor is it the guardian of her values. “EU Solidarity” is not worth the loss of one’s culture, freedoms and way of life. Onward V4! Stay strong and united….the fight is right here and right now.