V4 Report: Hungary 🇭🇺 and the United Nation’s Global Compact on Migration. Hungary recommends a twelve point plan to confront and stop mass migration.
The Hungarian government adopted a 12-point proposal on the UN Global Compact on Migration, which is going to be submitted to the President of the UN General Assembly, the Hungarian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Peter Szijjarto said here on Friday.
“If the 12 points in which the government summarized its position regarding migration is not included in the package, Hungary can not support its acceptance. The aim of the proposal is to guarantee the security of Hungarians in the future,” Szijjarto said.
“The government and the government parties are ready to fight this fight,” he added.
1. “For us safety comes first” is the title of the proposal. The first point reacts to the foundation from which the migration package is based according to which migration is good and unstoppable. According to the Hungarian government, migration is a bad and dangerous process and has caused serious security challenges, which have been demonstrated in recent events.
2. The goal of international efforts must be to stop migration processes.
3. The right to migration is not a fundamental human right.
4. Migration is “not good for anyone” nor for the one to travel, neither to transit countries nor to communities that are forced to adopt masses from a completely different culture.
5. The international community is obliged to acknowledge that everyone has the right to live peacefully and safely in their own country and if that is not possible, to remain as close as possible to it until he can return safely to his homeland.
6. Only the smugglers benefit from the migration process, so the international community must report their networks, punish smugglers strictly and avoid the policies that encourage the use of smugglers’ services.
7. The importance of sovereignty is stipulated in the seventh point, about the respect for the right of every country to treat the security of its own citizens as a matter of priority, and the right to decide who is allowed to enter its territory.
8. The eighth point deals with the issue of identity, and the international community must support all countries in preserving their traditions and social structures.
9. The demographic and labor market challenges are better tools for migration. Hungarian government: “We respect that another country chooses migration but do not “force migration on us.”
10. The defense of borders was stipulated in point ten.
11. Illegal border crossings must be treated as a serious criminal offense, which must be sanctioned.
12. The migration package cannot impose any legal obligation on the Member States.
The Hungarian government also launched a billboard campaign against the United Nations, saying “The UN wants us to welcome migrants continuously, but only Hungary can decide.”