Germany has established back-door legislation which overrules EU laws on “supremacy” to protect its own sovereignty.
Sounds like an excellent idea. Where can others sign up for this?
* EU bosses show a flagrant disregard for their own rules by allowing Germany to ignore the bloc’s laws that other weaker countries are forced to abide by, Express.co.uk reveals.
Forced to abide by? Are the other nation states mere sheep?
The V4 Report sees three issues here open for discussion:
1. The article states that a shock report revealed that Berlin is the EU’s top rule breaker despite efforts by Angela Merkel, the bloc’s most influential leader, to lecture her colleagues on their wrongdoings.
Yes, the hypocrisy of Brussels and Germany (and we would add France) is quite revealing; however, this is not a new revelation and too many others in Europe have weekly submitted instead of thinking for themselves and defying them.
2. Legal expert Dr Gunnar Beck argues that German lawmakers have fiercely fought to stop the EU from acquiring control over their country’s legislature like no other member of the Brussels project…adding that Germany has fiercely protected its own sovereignty thorough shrewd and uncompromising legal moves.
While we are in complete opposition to much of what the German government promotes, the above paragraph would be an exception. While noting Germany’s blatant hypocrisy (point number one above), we find nothing wrong with a country “fiercely fighting to stop the EU from acquiring control over their country’s legislature”.
In fact, we believe more European nation states should defy and reject the EU ‘supremacy’ laws that trump national legislation.
3. Under these supremacy laws all member nations must subjugate their own courts and laws to the over-arching powers of the European Union. Under EU ‘supremacy’ laws, Euro-legislation trumps national legislation in almost all cases.
Wow. If this is the case – where all member nations must subjugate their own courts and laws to the over-arching powers of the European Union – then it’s time to re-evaluate “membership” to this superstate.
* In the long run, we do not believe it is possible for the European nation states to maintain their integrity and sovereignty while “subjugated” to EU supremacy laws that override national courts and legislation.
Digging deeper, it appears that EU solidarity is increasingly defined by the powers of Berlin. However, the European nation states are not sheep…and neither should they act like sheep.
While some, such as Italy, Poland and Hungary, are defying the EU, too many others in Europe offer little resistance to the demands of Berlin and Brussels.
This may be the real problem that must be overcome.