August 12, 2017
* Italy: NGO group suspends its migrant transfer ship off Libya, citing risks from the Libyan Coast Guard.
– Speaking of “risks”, the Italian news agency ANSA reported Saturday that Italy has issued an arrest warrant for a Somali man who had applied for asylum in Sicily. The illegal migrant was identified as one of 50 Somalis wanted for the 2011 hijacking of an Italian oil tanker off the coast of Somalia. Maybe Doctors Without Borders can explain who transferred this terrorist to Italy?
– The NGOs are the ones exposing Europeans to great risk by transferring unknown migrants from violent regions to Europe. What type of security checks are they performing? They have no idea who these men are, nor do they know their backgrounds, associations or motives. The Italian government must ground the NGOs and challenge their negligent actions.
– The Libyan Coast Guard is aggressively patrolling the coasts where human smugglers launch boats crowded with migrants. From there, the NGOs conveniently pick up the migrants and transfer them to Italy. As a result, the Libyan Coast Guard has now declared their own rescue area and they are sending the illegal migrants back to Africa.
– There must be a strong deterrent to discourage the migrants from gathering in Libya, where they seek opportunities to enter Italy. With the reduction in migrant traffic during the month of July, the Libyan Coast Guard seems to be performing that task. Not surprisingly, it is a member of the V4, the Czech Republic, which is now providing more resources than any other EU state to help train and assist the Libyan Coast Guard. Once again, a member of Visegrad illustrates true solidarity where it counts….at the border.
– Instead of trying to tackle the migrant crisis with passivity, Europe must respond with strength. The smugglers and international NGO Cartels are abusing the borders of Europe.
Indeed, the NGOs must be “pushed-back”. It is long overdue.