V4 Report: Croatia ?? and Istanbul: A distinguished professor tells PM Andrej Plenkovic to “Abandon the wicked falsehood”.
“The gender concept, separated from sex, which brings the IC is neither harmonized nor scientific, and thus constitutes the imposition of gender ideology on Croatian society.”
** A distinguished professor at the Medical School in Zagreb and Split, Dr. Matko Marušić, addressed an open letter to Prime Minister Andrej Plenković on the Istanbul Convention.
– Translated in full from Croatian to English. It is long and detailed and we want to be careful that the translation did not change any of Dr. Marušić’s words. We kindly ask our readers from Croatia to correct any errors in the translation.
Dear Mr. Plenković,
I’m a member of HDZ [Croatian Democratic Union], a party you’ve been president, since 1990. I am a university professor and I have lectured on subjects of physiology, immunology and scientific methodology for 45 years at the Faculty of Medicine in Zagreb and Split.
I was the founder and a longtime editor of the Croatian Medical Journal magazine, and during my academic career, I read about ten thousand scientific papers of doctoral degrees critically, and assessed them for international public accountability.
Keeping this in mind, I am free to confirm that I have read and studied the Istanbul Convention and supporting documents and I hereby wish to alert you that your claims that there are no gender ideologies at the Istanbul Convention are not true.
In the campaign you have run for the ratification of the IC, you have not informed the public about the one billion kunas that will be required to be ratified by the budget mainly for left-liberal organizations and the fact that the 48 mechanisms for the protection of women adopted by the IC in January this year are already embedded in Croatian legislation – I will not go into detail here.
Before I mention the evidence that the Istanbul Convention directly and specifically imposes gender theory, I hereby point out a scientific remark about the difference between theory and ideology.
I noticed that well-known advocates of gender theory, amongst whom you included in the ratification campaign, in discussions with the unknowingly memories of “gender ideology” claim “it is not ideology, there is no gender ideology!”
The theory is a “hypothesis, a prerequisite” that is not denied in numerous and comprehensive tests. This is “the true knowledge of mankind”. In the textbooks they write as true – theories. Because man cannot reach the absolute, God’s truth, it can create very solid theories, but cannot reach the unquestionable and ultimate truth.
Ideology is the imposition of some “theory” by force, without evidence and sufficient research. It is believed by force, not on the basis of documents.
Evidence that the Istanbul Convention directly imposes gender theory is as follows:
FIRST GROUP OF DOCTORS
1. Article 3 Definitions: “Gender refers to socially-formulated roles, behaviors, activities and attributes that a particular society considers appropriate to women and men.” So if “socially-shaped roles, behaviors, activities and attributes” refer to women and men (as it is written in this article!), there was no need to introduce the term “gender”.
And when it is introduced, it means that sex and gender are not the same. Gender is genetic, and genus is not; if we acknowledge that there are women and men, the genus does not exist at all; there is no need for it in this context, so it is imposed. Let’s think together: a fabrication is introduced, which is attributed to existing and genetically predicated women and men, but it can be anything. Gender theory has been introduced already in the first article of IC.
The transformation of the term “woman” into the term “gender” does not, in any case, contribute to protecting women from discrimination and violence. And when the term “woman” is replaced by the term “gender,” the woman remains a woman and is exposed to everything she was exposed before the change. The introduction of the term “gender” exacerbates sex, as we see in Explanation and the following articles.
And that is pure gender theory, as we know from the corresponding non-scientific literature.
2. Item 53. Explanatory Report to the Istanbul Convention (I have emphasized the bold text and the line):
“Women may still experience discrimination by law enforcement agencies or judiciary when applying gender-based acts of gender-based violence. Similarly, homosexual, lesbian and bisexual victims of domestic violence are often excluded from support services for their sexual orientation. Certain groups of individuals may experience discrimination on the basis of gender identity, which simply means that the gender they identify is not in line with the gender they have been assigned at birth.
These include categories of individuals such as transgender or transgender persons, transvestites and other groups of persons who do not match what the company has found to belong to “male” or “female” categories.
3. In Art. 4 , which prohibits discrimination, lists human features that do not discriminate against people and include, among other things, “sex” and “gender” – separately.
By the step-by-step approach, gender has become gender, although “social construct” has never existed in that sense (but only in grammatical and taxonomic terms) and there is absolutely no objective scientific evidence that it is a scientifically determined natural phenomenon.
Here are the sexes and genres of two different phenomena that both need to be protected from discrimination, right?
But that’s not all! The same article (on non-discrimination) also lists “sexual orientation” and “gender identity”. What is it, at once – a gender identity? What is “sexual orientation”? What are the notions of the Istanbul Convention – Gender, Gender, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity?
4. Article 14 , Education, the Istanbul Convention enters into Croatian schools, as it states: “Paragraph 1 The Parties shall take appropriate steps to provide teaching materials on issues such as equality between women and men, non-stereotypical gender roles , mutual respect, non-violent conflict resolution in personal relationships, gender-based violence against women, and the right to personal integrity, adapted to the developmental abilities of students, are included in a regular curriculum at all levels of education. ”
The article in the Istanbul Convention introduces gender ideology into Croatian schools, “at all levels of education”, does not it? With the ratification of the Istanbul Convention at school, at all levels (hence in kindergarten), are imposed – and – “nontrootypical gender roles”? “Nestereotype gender roles” are homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, transvestite (“transgression”), all based on the right to “choice of gender and sexual orientation”.
THE SECOND GROUP MEETS that the Istanbul Convention supersedes and imposes legalization of the introduction of gender ideology is the practice of the judiciary, schools and languages in the countries governed by the Istanbul Convention and its gender ideology.
– It is learned that the human gender is neither male nor female, but is a continuous transition from male to female.
– It is learned that a human being is born sexually neutral and subsequently socializes in a man or woman.
– Adult men and women are only “social constructions”, so this design has to be called gender, and the sexes have more than two, even about 70.
– As far as sex is concerned, it is in the population of people equally distributed from male to female. (That’s my expertise, where is the evidence for it?)
– In every man there is a “gender identity”, but also “gender expression”, uniform in the population of men, distributed from male to female.
– Biological gender does not affect “sexual orientation”, but it is continually distributed among men by homosexuality to heterosexuality.
– Gender orientation is completely independent of biological gender, “gender identity” and “gender expression”.
– For the purpose of “non-discrimination”, the term “mother” and “father” are replaced by the terms “parent 1” and “parent 2” in the gender list.
– In Canada, “zhe” and “zher” are introduced instead of “he” and “her” for those who are neither male nor female.
– In the UK, the term “pregnant woman” is replaced by the term “pregnant person” – because a biological woman can be proclaimed a man, and this “man” can be born, but can hardly be called a mother.
– The Croatian NGO, Zagreb Pride, has already demanded the abolition of male and female toilets and the introduction of only mixed, according to “gender selection”.
– At the Olympics and other international competitions, women are competing with men who are hormonal men (and always win medals).
THE THIRD GROUP RECOGNIZES that the Istanbul Convention directly and abruptly brings gender ideology to our homes; the fact that its text includes measures to control the introduction of gender ideology into the laws, the educational system, sports societies and culture in general.
This international control over the legislation, education and finances of the Republic of Croatia will be conducted by the so-called ” GREVIO (Chapter IX of the Convention). The committee consists of learned, committed and experienced advocates of gender ideology.
To illustrate the power of GREVIO and the mechanisms under which it is controlling the implementation of the Convention, I quote some of the Istambul Convention:
… GREVIO can receive information on the implementation of the Convention from non-governmental organizations and civil society, as well as from national human rights institutions.
… If GREVIO receives reliable information pointing to a situation where problems require immediate attention to prevent or limit the scope or number of serious violations of the Convention, it may request the urgent submission of a special report on the measures taken to prevent a serious, comprehensive or persistent form of violence against women.
… GREVIO may designate one or more of its members to conduct the investigation and report to GREVIO urgently.
With such an international treaty, such as the Convention and the surveillance system as defined in the Convention, there is no way to prevent anything from genetic ideology as unscientific and harmful, does it not?
Mr. Plenković, by imposing the ratification of the Istanbul convention and the gender ideology it brings, communist “verbal delict” is translated into the term “hate speech” for this time, according to the criteria of gender ideology.
So too, as a man who has been studying the human body and its functions for half a century, punish me if I say there are two sexes and that there are aberrations – aberrations. I appreciate in advance that you will read and study these arguments and, following the European standards, to inform the public of the fact that at EU level the term gender is not separated from gender and that we have male and female gender and male and female gender.
The gender concept, separated from sex, which brings the IK is neither harmonized nor scientific, and thus constitutes the imposition of gender ideology on Croatian society.
professor emeritus Matko Marušić; Split
March 17, 2018